Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 64

Thread: American Fuckwit???

  1. #31
    Inactive Member heidi!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    September 13th, 2000
    Posts
    2,433
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Sniff I grew up in a P.C household...My parents to this day are....I'm Liberal because of Brian Tobin and his leadership in Newfoundland and the hopes that one day he will take Jean's place....I voted this time for the person Not the party.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member Hank's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2001
    Posts
    444
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wen, you got more guns than me?? *l*
    How many you got?

  3. #33
    Inactive Member past7's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2000
    Posts
    473
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Oh dear, oh dear, where to begin .. I'll just point out one contradiction at the moment & specifically comment on Rant's "style" of & attempt at debate.
    Rant, you say "The American slander is my way of venting spleen and it isn't really aimed at the general public..." but then in your next sentence you say "Go back to sleep America your goverment is in control..."

    *waves* Hello?? I live in America, therefore the latter statement IS directed at me, my family, my friends. I find this type of comment absurd & deeply insulting, as would any American regardless of their political stance.

    I think that Redhead's simple post with the address & phone/fax numbers for the White House was the most specific & intelligent post on this thread to date (although you didn't take the hint). Thank-you Red for slicing through the bullshit so effectively there.

    Debating political viewpoints and policies is all well & good. However, Rant, your extremely valid, insightful & informed (in my opinion) observations on these issues are unconvincing, repetitious & totally clouded by your disgraceful, at times vicious & repeatedly sweeping attacks on America and subsequently ALL it's inhabitants.

    Your arguments can be heard & will be far more effective if you will just take a fucking step back, a deep breath, regroup those thoughts & shed this hateful, indiscriminate haranguing of an entire nation.

    What I am saying essentially is, from one pal to another... STOP being an ass... you are above it & it does not become you (not to mention yer pissin' me awf).

    Sorry if this is long. Fuck, I gotta sleep

  4. #34
    Inactive Member R@nt In~E~Minor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2001
    Posts
    278
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Like I said, I'm just venting spleen. It's my way of lowering my blood pressure and basically pushing a few buttons buttons. I think the people here would be even less interested if I was to prompt a serious political debate in any real depth...well 99.9% of them anyway.

    Since I'm bored with ranting I'll just say that being socially, politically and philosophically apathetic is a trait that pisses me off more than the prospect of terminal piles. I know I rant and spit venom but it's the way I exorcise the fury online..don't take it so seriously. But the people on here rarely have anything to offer back apart from the tired line "I'm proud to be an American" or "I'm proud to be a Rebublican" I think the people who swell with pride when they say this should take a closer look at their own personal principles and then look at what Mr Bush thinks. I think they will find themselves at odds with hypocrisy.

    My point is Mr Bush stands for EVERYTHING I despise in a human being and no doubt I'll be back in future to piss and moan again....

    Although I'm loathe to say this, Snail had some very valid points in his post back there. It's refreshing to see that not everyone is so blinkered. Maybe there is hope yet??

  5. #35
    Inactive Member rotten's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2001
    Posts
    882
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    why is it Im not offended by this like every other american on this board seems to be.

    And redhead I know what you mean about showing respect for a country. I often times take the other side and defend America. This summer at yellowstone we had people from all countries. They all insulted america in some way, but instead of getting mad I'd try to understand where they're coming from.

    I just don't think it was that bad... Maybe it's also cus i say shit like i hate republicans when in reality I don't hate individual Republicans. I just hate their ideas, after i get people's attention then i qualify what I meant.

    Im tired as fuck not even sure what im saying..

  6. #36
    Inactive Member past7's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2000
    Posts
    473
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Times New Roman">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by R@nt In~E~Minor:
    I know I rant and spit venom but it's the way I exorcise the fury online..don't take it so seriously.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    So, we are to selectively take seriously your specific remarks on Bush & his presidency (which incidentally I agree with on the whole), but not your sweeping statements recklessly slammed at, and I repeat, ALL this country's inhabitants. Riiiiiiiiggghht.


    *watches Snail and Rant skip off into the sunset together) bluewink

  7. #37
    Inactive Member heidi!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    September 13th, 2000
    Posts
    2,433
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    I dont think it was you're point of veiw they were debating Rant it was you're immature way of going about it. You were looking for an intelligent mature debate but went looking for it as a child. I think you need to "give the people here" more credit.
    *Knocks you off you're high horse*...Dayum...Hope that didnt hurt smile

  8. #38
    Inactive Member imzredhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2001
    Posts
    461
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    exactly!!! *whew* so glad there are some out there getting my point *G*....and btw, I keep forgetting to mention this, but *EG* who wouldn't love Canada? .....Ya go there for a weekend getaway, and in the hotel yer sitting back looking thru the pamphlets left on the desk right? *G* When you come across one that has listed in it the "important phone numbers" *G*...now I was expecting, fire, police, ambulance, front desk even perhaps? *G* but noooooo....I shoulda known.....listed were numbers to the local liquor stores *WEG* LOL ....so now I ask..who wouldn't LOVE Canada *G*.....

  9. #39
    Inactive Member Sniffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2000
    Posts
    1,014
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hehehe! we don't need the fire and police numbers til AFTER we use the liquor store numbers... and by then we can't read them anyway *G*
    and heidi... i do see your point. tobin is one of the good liberals. i usually vote for the person as well. not the party. i just have a real hate on for Jean Chretien which is why i refuse to vote liberal.... speaking of Chretien.... he's coming to calgary today.... *looks up hitmen in the yellow pages*....

  10. #40
    Inactive Member R@nt In~E~Minor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2001
    Posts
    278
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Give you guys any credit??...what the hell do you think it is...charity week??

    And Past....since when did you become house mother here??...it does kinda suit you though....the matron in you that is...*G

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •